Pathfinder 2 Insect Form Spell
Insect FormSPELL 3
Cast [2 Actions] somatic, verbal
Duration 1 minute
You envision a simple bug and transform into a Medium animal battle form. When you cast this spell, choose ant, beetle, centipede, mantis, scorpion, or spider. You can decide the specific type of animal (such as such as a ladybug or scarab for beetle), but this has no effect on the form’s Size or statistics. While in this form, you gain the animal trait. You can Dismiss this spell.
You gain the following statistics and abilities regardless of which battle form you choose:
- AC = 18 + your level. Ignore your armor’s check penalty and Speed reduction.
- 10 temporary Hit Points.
- Low-light vision.
- One or more attacks specific to the battle form you choose, which are the only attacks you can use. You’re trained with them. Your attack modifier is +13, and your damage bonus is +2. These attacks are Strength based (for the purpose of the enfeebled condition). If your unarmed attack modifier is higher, you can use it instead.
- Athletics modifier of +13, unless your own is higher.
You also gain specific abilities based on the form you choose:
- Ant Speed 30 feet, climb Speed 30 feet; Melee [one-action] mandibles, Damage 2d6 bludgeoning.
- Beetle Speed 25 feet; Melee [one-action] mandibles, Damage 2d10 bludgeoning.
- Centipede Speed 25 feet, climb Speed 25 feet; darkvision; Melee [one-action] mandibles, Damage 1d8 piercing plus 1d4 persistent poison.
- Mantis Speed 40 feet; imprecise scent 30 feet; Melee [one-action] foreleg, Damage 2d8 bludgeoning.
- Scorpion Speed 40 feet; darkvision, imprecise tremorsense 60 feet; Melee [one-action] stinger, Damage 1d8 piercing plus 1d4 persistent poison; Melee [one-action] pincer (agile), Damage 1d6 bludgeoning.
- Spider darkvision; Melee [one-action] fangs, Damage 1d6 piercing plus 1d4 persistent poison; Melee [one-action] Speed 25 feet, climb Speed 25 feet; Ranged [one-action] web (range increment 20 feet), Damage entangles the target for 1 round.
Heightened (4th) Your battle form is Large, and your attacks have 10-foot reach. You must have enough space to expand into or the spell is lost. You instead gain 15 temporary HP, attack modifier +16, damage bonus +6, and Athletics +16.
Heightened (5th) Your battle form is Huge, and your attacks have 15-foot reach. You must have enough space to expand into or the spell is lost. You instead gain 20 temporary HP, attack modifier +18, damage bonus +2 and double damage dice (including persistent damage), and Athletics +20.