Pathfinder 2 Chromatic Wall Spell
Chromatic WallSPELL 5
Traditions arcane, occult
Cast [3 Actions] material, somatic, verbal
Range 120 feet
Duration 10 minutes
You create an opaque wall of light in a single vibrant color. The wall is straight and vertical, stretching 60 feet long and 30 feet high. If the wall would pass through a creature, the spell is lost. The wall sheds bright light for 20 feet on each side, and dim light for the next 20 feet. You can ignore the wall’s effects.
Roll 1d4 to determine the color of the wall. Each color has a particular effect on items, effects, or creatures that attempt to pass through. Chromatic wall can’t be counteracted normally; rather, each color is automatically counteracted when targeted by a specific spell, even if that spell’s level is lower than that of chromatic wall.
- Red The wall destroys ranged weapon ammunition (such as arrows and crossbow bolts) that would pass through, and it deals 20 fire damage to anyone passing through, with a basic Reflex save. Cone of cold can counteract a red chromatic wall.
- Orange The wall destroys thrown weapons that would pass through, and it deals 25 acid damage to anyone passing through, with a basic Reflex save. Gust of wind can counteract an orange chromatic wall.
- Yellow The wall stops acid, cold, electricity, fire, force, negative, positive, and sonic effects from passing through, and it deals 30 electricity damage to anyone passing through, with a basic Reflex save. Disintegrate can counteract a yellow chromatic wall.
- Green The wall stops toxins, gases, and breath weapons from passing through. It deals 10 poison damage to anyone passing through and makes them enfeebled 1 for 1 minute. A basic Fortitude save reduces the damage and negates the enfeebled condition on a success. Passwall can counteract a green chromatic wall.
- Blue The wall stops auditory, petrification, and visual effects from passing through, and creatures passing through are subject to the effects of flesh to stone. Magic missile can counteract a blue chromatic wall.
- Indigo The wall stops divination and mental effects from passing through, and those passing through are subject to the effects of warp mind. Searing light can counteract an indigo chromatic wall.
- Violet The wall prevents spells from targeting the other side (area effects still cross as normal). Creatures passing through must succeed at a Will save or they are slowed 1 for 1 minute; on a critical failure, the creature is instead sent to another plane, with the effect of plane shift. Dispel magic can counteract a violet chromatic wall.
- Reroll, and creatures that pass through the wall take a –2 circumstance penalty to their saves.
Heightened (7th) The spell’s duration increases to 1 hour. Roll 1d8 to determine the wall’s color. A red, orange, yellow, or green wall deals an extra 10 damage.