Pathfinder 2 Ranger Archetype
You have studied hunting, tracking, and wilderness survival, adding a ranger’s tools to your skill set.
Multiclass Ranger Characters
The ranger archetype has access to excellent options to improve a character’s monster knowledge and survival skills, but ranger is of particular interest to any character wanting to become a dedicated archer.
- Alchemist rangers can add snares to their daily free items, benefiting from a strong Crafting modifier, and their Intelligence makes them exceptional with monster knowledge feats. The ranger archetype is also useful to bombers who want to alternate with in bow attacks.
- Champion rangers are particularly fitting for deities who connect thematically to nature or have a bow as their favored weapon. (Or, in the case of Erastil, both!)
- Fighter rangers are among the most fearsome archers, combining the best archery feats from both classes to create a fighting style unique to each fighter ranger.
- Rogue rangers make excellent snipers or ranged skirmishers, and snares let them be on the other side of traps for a change.
- Spellcaster rangers benefit greatly from ranger’s feat support, backing up their spells with ranged weapon attacks. Druids have the most thematic overlap with rangers among the spellcasters, allowing you to create a true master of the wilderness.
Ranger DedicationFeat 2
Prerequisites Dexterity 14
You become trained in Survival; if you were already trained in Survival, you instead become trained in another skill of your choice. You become trained in ranger class DC.
You can use the Hunt Prey action (page 168).
Special You cannot select another dedication feat until you have gained two other feats from the ranger archetype.
Basic Hunter's TrickFeat 4
Prerequisites Ranger Dedication
You gain a 1st- or 2nd-level ranger feat.
Ranger ResiliencyFeat 4
Prerequisites Ranger Dedication, class granting no more Hit Points per level than 8 + your Constitution modifier
You gain 3 additional Hit Points for each ranger archetype class feat you have. As you continue selecting ranger archetype class feats, you continue to gain additional Hit Points in this way.
Advanced Hunter's TrickFeat 6
Prerequisites Basic Hunter’s Trick
You gain one ranger feat. For the purpose of meeting its prerequisites, your ranger level is equal to half your character level.
Special You can select this feat more than once. Each time you select it, you gain another ranger feat.
Master SpotterFeat 12
Prerequisites Ranger Dedication, expert in Perception
Your proficiency rank in Perception increases to master.